Park and Ride Shuttle Adds Second Route for 2018/2019 Season
Posted: September 28, 2018
Belleville Transit is operating the Park and Ride Shuttle for the 2018/2019 season with a progressive change to the service – now there are two routes.
The Park and Ride service is provided by the City of Belleville and they are seeking partnerships with local businesses for the season. Last year 10,116 passengers rode the shuttle, now with an additional route, Transit expects even more. Those interested in promoting their business on these ‘exciting murals on wheels’ are encouraged to contact Manager of Transit Operations, Paul Buck at 613-403-7923 to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Riders will continue to enjoy the service for last year’s prices - $2.50 per round trip, and soon fans will be able to purchase a pre-paid 10 ride pass. The pass will be available at City Hall, in the pass vending machine at the bus terminal and other outlets.
Fans can park for free at the Quinte Mall or the Bayview Mall, board the bus and go directly to the CAA Arena to take in the AHL professional hockey action. The Park and Ride Shuttle will return fans to the mall after the game.
The Park and Ride Shuttle will have a WEST and EAST route operating this season, giving even more opportunity for fast, easy and fun access to the games.
PARK & RIDE WEST ROUTE
· South West Corner by the Starbucks/Chapters (same as last year)
· East side of the building at the Toys R Us entrance (same as last year)
· South East corner of Bell Blvd. at North Front Street (same as last year, in hopes we get the return sponsorship)
· 1st bus departs Quinte Mall at 5:45 PM, operates a 10 minute headway with the last bus dropping at 6:50 PM
· Following the game, bus will make 10 minute headway trips from the QSWC to the Mall until all passengers are returned.
PARK AND RIDE EAST ROUTE
· North East corner of the building (Ontario offices entrance) with parking between the Home Hardware and Tim Horton’s
· Downtown Bus Terminal – South West corner of the building (InterCity bus stop location)
· 1st bus departs Bayview Mall at 5:45 PM operating a 12 minute headway with the last bus dropping at 6:55 PM
· Following the game, bus will make 12 minute headway trips from the QSWC to the Mall until all passengers are returned.
Belleville Transit – LET’S GO!